2007年11月26日 星期一

Why did I choose my major (final)

      I chose Electrical Engineering (EE) as my major due to my father's suggestion. Because EE was a main industry in Taiwan, so my father thought that majoring in EE might help me to have a stable job in the future.

      In the beginning, I did not have any interest in EE because what I had learned before were traditional courses such as motor circuit or electric circuit. I was more interested in the computer knowledge. When I went to the NTUST to study, we learned more high-tech electrical engineering knowledge. Unlike the motor knowledge of the past, we learned relatively such as the micro-computer technology that combines both hardware and software design knowledge, because EE is my major, so I have been in touch with hardware knowledge many years, that is not difficult to me, but computer program design are more strange for me. Then I started to get in touch with the computer program design, the concept of program design is very funny, first I need to plan how many functions I want to design in my mind, second I start to implement these function just use program language, In the beginning the program code(functions) was very simple. When I deployed the code on the execution environment, I could saw my program how to drive the hardware to work, for example like LED twinkle have the sequence or display number on the signal panel, that was so fascinate to me, so I wrote the code more and more to practice my program design ability, I want to design a more complete functional application program, finally in a micro-computer course final-term project, I designed a simple calculator use a chip 8255 and some peripheral hardware combine program ,this project help me get good grade at this course.

      The firmware or micro-computer program design are very interesting thing for me. I think I will focus on my study on the technique development of the firmware. Now I have a passion for this choice very much.

沒有留言: