2008年1月7日 星期一

Compare and contrast living at home and in the dormitory (Final)

      Living in the dormitory was a great experience. It might not happen in everyone's growing process, however in regard to a boy, they will have at least a time to undergone a military life that is like dormitory experience. Why I said “Living in the dormitory is a great experience?" Because it is different from living at home.

      First of all, living in the dormitory I must deal with a lot of trivial matters myself. But if I was living at home, my parents would deal with these trivial matters. Living in the dormitory I must clean the room, wash clothes, and wake myself up. These things can help you develop your independence. Secondly, living in the dormitory can help me learn how to get along with people who have different personalities and habits. Because there are not only me but also other people living in the dormitory, so I can learn how to communicate with people through making some arrangements of sweeping and the regulations of our room with my roommates. Such life experience will help me develop my social ability, and help me to broaden my vision and cultivate different interests. But if I live at home, I do not need to follow the regulations and learn how to adapt to another person's habits, it will not straightforward help me gain social ability, because that is not life of a group. The third advantage of living in the dormitory is that I can discuss the homework with the classmates; it can help me study every course faster than at home.

      Living at home or in the dormitory all has different advantages or disadvantages. And I like two kinds of life styles very much, although most of this paragraph is mention the advantages of living in the dormitory. In fact, living at home also has several advantages, for example, I could eat more healthy food when I living at home, but if I living in the dormitory maybe I would eat more fast food. Another advantage is that my life would be more regulated. However, how to be able to lead an independent life is an important thing in one's growing up, because it can make you more mature attitude while facing a lot of questions in the future.

沒有留言: